Goth ♥ DarkWave ♥ Post Punk ♥ Trip Hop ♥ Industrial ♥ Alternative ♥ Indie ♥

New Age ♥ Electronic Goth Metal ♥ DeathRock ♥ Synthpop ♥ Ethereal







Queen Adreena - For I Am The Way



For I am the way,
Burn all effigies of clay,
Walk on water today,
For I am the way (2)

Today I turn my blood to sweetest wine,
A holy song imbued with the divine,
Today's the day the gods walk out on me,
The great divide is crossed for you by me,

For I am the way,
Burn all effigies of clay,
Walk on water today,
For I am the way (2)

Today the silent one does have her say,
Today all contradictions seem o.k..,
Today's the day that I become the sky,
A silent understanding, my oh, my,

For I am the way,
Burn all effigies of clay,
Walk on water today,
For I am the way (2)

Today for once I'm not the last to learn,
Today the only bridge I have, I burn,
Today's the day the gods walk out on me,
The great divide is crossed for you by me,

For I am the way (4)



Queen Adreena formed by singer Katie Jane Garside and guitarist Crispin Gray in London, Englad. They had previously created another great band known as "Daisy Chainsaw."

Described at various times as “art, punk, metal, rock, or alternative”, Queen Adreena’s music is difficult to categorise. They have, with numerous other band members, released three studio albums; 'taxidermy', 'drink me', and 'the butcher and the butterfly', and played live all over the world gaining a cult legion of fans and the respect of their musician peers.


Following The Butcher and the Butterfly they recorded a live album titled "Live at the ICA." During this time Queenadreena independently released Ride a Cock Horse, an album composed of early demos.

In 2008, Queenadreena released the album Djin in Japan and after that they stopped playing together. In a recent interview, Crispin Gray say, "I wouldn't rule out some kind of reunion gigs in the future. I don't think there will be another record from Queenadreena though, I would be very surprised myself. I haven't heard from Katie in well over a year and I don’t know where she is."




No comments:

Post a Comment